Here’s a peak at the agenda for Friday, June 1. Lunch will be provided from 12-1pm. There will also be a chance to network during this time. You should register so we know you’re coming.
On Saturday, June 2, we will kick off our unconference at 9am–where the agenda will be determined by those in attendance. Folks will pitch ideas to start off the morning, several workshops will be hosted, and teams will start to form around ideas on how to improve civic engagement or other civic-minded needs in the City of Raleigh.
On Sunday, June 3, starting at 9am, teams will collaborate on solving a civic issue that can improve the quality of life in Raleigh. Simultaneously, CityCamp Raleigh will host a Triangle Wiki content sprint to add pages, images, and ideas to trianglewiki.org. At 3pm, teams will present and CityCamp Raleigh will award one winning team with a cash reward at 4pm.
- 12:00 PM – Registration, lunch and networking
- 1:00 PM – Welcome to CityCamp Raleigh 2012 – Jason Hibbets
- 1:15 PM – Inspiration from team “Open Up” – Jason Horne
- 1:30-2:45 PM – Government perspective panel
- Lori Bush, Cary Town Council At-Large Representative
- Charles Duncan, Editor, Raleigh Public Record
- Andy Krzmarzick, Community Manager, GovLoop
- Gail Roper, Raleigh Chief Information and Community Relations Officer, City of Raleigh
Moderated by Mitchell Silver, Chief Planning & Development Officer and Director, Raleigh City Planning
- 3:00-4:15 PM – Business perspective panel
- DeLisa Alexander, Chief People Officer, Red Hat
- Jimmy Goodmon, VP/GM, Capitol Broadcasting New Media Company (WRAL)
- Heather LaGarde, Technology and Innovation Advisor, IntraHealth International & IntraHealth OPEN
- Matt Miszewski – SVP, Global Public Sector, Salesforce.com
Moderated by James Sauls, Center for Economic Development
- 4:30 PM – Lightning talks (5 minutes each)
- Jeff Mooney, SeeClickFix
- Kevin Curry, Code For America
- Todd Barr, Alfresco
- Reid Serozi, Triangle Wiki
- Charles Mangin, Pressure Pen
- Mary Ann Baldwin, Innovate Raleigh
- Matt Tomasulo, Walk Raleigh/Walk [Your City]
Moderated by Ryan Boyles, Ignite Raleigh
- 5:30 PM – Happy Hour at Union Tavern sponsored by Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Now that you’ve seen how awesome Friday afternoon will be, register to save your seat. Space is limited.